Sludge plugs and valves are designed for installation in tanks or small chambers where silt and sludge may collect.
- Plug range nominal diameter 80mm-200mm
- Valve range nominal diameter 80-450mm
- The valve is mounted in the floor of the tank or chamber for effective desludging.
- The sludge plug is handle operated and is the most basic of the two types available.
- The cone is utilised to guide the metal faced disk onto the body seats; a mild steel lifting handle with cotter supports the valve in the open position from a wall bracket.
- The sludge valve is screw thread operated as standard and is of more robust construction than the sludge plug.
- The sludge plug and sludge valve are supplied drilled for connection to flanges in accordance with BS EN 1092-2: PN 16