Unlike current hydrants which have an ‘S’ shaped water path, Through Bore Hydrants have a straight vertical path which provides direct full bore access (80mm*) to the main enabling a wide range of inspection, repair and maintenance activities.
- Enables network mapping / monitoring by the Utility, improving supply efficiencies
- Offers industry leading flowrates at low operating pressures, particularly beneficial to the Emergency Fire and Rescue Services and ultimately public safety
- Enables major reductions in supply interruptions, excavation and highway disruption, considerably decreasing the overall carbon footprint
- Similar in appearance and operation to existing type 2 hydrants, minimising the need for operator training
- Lower operating torques that minimize potential for operator injury
Size Range : Hydrant is available for connection to DN80 PN10/16 flanged branch connection.
Pressure Rating: All valves are rated at PN16 for 16 bar continuous working pressure
Direction to close: Clockwise (CTC)